About Michelle C. Clerkin
Michelle Clerkin advocates for individuals and entities in complex disputes, including antitrust, consumer protection, and commercial litigation matters.
Michelle has extensive experience representing clients in antitrust matters involving price-fixing, unlawful monopolization, and other anticompetitive practices. Michelle has served on litigation teams in a variety of antitrust actions in federal courts across the country spanning the agricultural, financial, pharmaceutical, consumer product, and technology industries. She also has extensive class action experience and was appointed by federal courts to serve on Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees in In re Chicago Board Options Exchange Volatility Index Manipulation Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Ill.) and In re Juul Labs, Inc. Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.). Prior to joining Spiro Harrison & Nelson LLC, Michelle was a trial team member in an antitrust class action involving the pharmaceutical industry, which settled for $62.5 million on the eve of trial.
Michelle’s dedication to her practice is evident not only in her ardent advocacy, but also in her recognition by her peers. She was named to the Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch list (2022) and Super Lawyers® New York Metro Rising Star list (2015-2022). Michelle was also selected to serve as a member of the Law360 Competition Editorial Advisory Board (2022).
Michelle currently serves as a Vice Chair of the Antitrust Law Section’s Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Committee and is an Executive Committee member of the New York State Bar Association’s Antitrust Law Section. Through those organizations, she frequently moderates and speaks on panels concerning antitrust law developments. Michelle also participates in mentorship programs through which she serves as a mentor for junior attorneys and law students.
While completing her legal studies, Michelle interned for the Federal Trade Commission’s Northeast Regional Office, where she worked on antitrust investigations, and the U.S. Court of International Trade.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law – J.D.
- Cardozo Journal of International & Comparative Law, Submissions Editor
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition
- University of Michigan – B.A., Political Science
Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- Vice Chair Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- Executive Committee, Member
Honors & Acknowledgements
- Law360 Competition Editorial Advisory Board, 2022
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch, 2022
- Super Lawyers® New York Metro Rising Star 2015-2022
- New York
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey
U.S. District Courts:
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey