About Shomik Ghosh
Shomik Ghosh is a Partner at Spiro Harrison & Nelson LLC, where he leads the firm’s New York City office. Shomik is a highly accomplished trial lawyer and civil litigator, and practices in federal and state courts across the country on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. Shomik is often called on by Fortune500 companies, financial firms, executives, and businesses in emerging industries to address highly-sensitive, often confidential, legal matters and investigations. Shomik has represented clients in front of a number of regulatory bodies, including the DOJ, SEC, FINRA, DEA, CFTC, FTC, and numerous United States Attorney’s Offices, including the SDNY and EDNY.
Through his practice, Shomik has had extensive experience in business litigation, energy/infrastructure projects, whistleblower representation, white-collar criminal defense, regulatory investigations, whistleblower representations, and appeals. Shomik frequently represents clients involved in disputes regarding corporate governance/partnership disputes, contract disputes, and antitrust litigation.
Shomik is a proud graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, where he graduated among the top five students in his class and with highest honors. Prior to joining Spiro Harrison & Nelson LLC, Shomik practiced at a number of leading law firms in New York, including Selendy Gay Elsberg PLLC and Morvillo Abramowitz Grand Iason & Anello. Shomik began his career in the Antitrust & Competition group of Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom, also in New York.
- First chaired five-day jury trial on behalf of intellectual property venture in matter involving claims of trade secret misappropriation, breach of fiduciary duty, and conversion in relation to contested asset purchase agreement.
- Trial counsel for relator in one of largest qui tam cases in New York related to alleged underbilling of E911 surcharges by certain telecommunications companies in the state dating back to 2007.
- New York counsel for 16 plaintiffs raising sexual assault claims against Hollywood director and screenwriter under New York’s Adult Survivors Act. Case covered in Rolling Stone, NBCNews, LA Times, and other major national publications.
- Lead trial counsel for consortium of private equity funds prosecuting RICO and fraudulent conveyance claims against syndicate of foreign banking entities and related individuals.
- Represented prominent construction company in labor litigation in SDNY, ultimately securing walk-away settlement on the eve of trial.
- Represented building owner in long-running dispute over ownership of condominium complex in New York City, ultimately defeating motion for summary judgment.
- Counsel for major real estate development company in multiple JAMS arbitrations.
- Counsel for construction company in SDNY litigation, ultimately securing complete dismissal of RICO and antitrust claims.
- Represented independent special committee and its directors formed to review multi-billion dollar tender offer. Represented committee in follow-on proceedings in Delaware Chancery Court.
- Provided antitrust counseling and merger control guidance on: a $1.52 billion merger involving the travel industry; the $306 million sale of construction company’s U.S. operations; a merger sale of major airline from Airbus; and a $662 million merger in the medical devices industry.
- University of Michigan Law School – J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- New York University – B.A., Field Day Scholar
- New York
U.S. Court of Appeals:
- Second Circuit
U.S. District Courts:
- Southern District of New York