Outside General Counsel Attorneys in New Jersey & New York
Spiro Harrison & Nelson LLC provides a full range of outside general counsel services for mid-market and emerging companies, entities such as partnerships, joint ventures, and family offices, as well as large institutions and corporations. Clients without in-house counsel, or wishing to supplement their existing corporate counsel, call on our firm’s extensive experience and capabilities for a wide variety of legal services and counseling.
We provide our clients with guidance on corporate governance, regulatory issues, labor and employment disputes, as well as transactional advice and litigation representation. We offer regular service at predictable rates, drawing on a wide range of knowledge and experience to ensure that our clients are always up-to-date on current laws and regulations impacting their businesses. We work with our clients to develop a budget for our services and offer pricing alternatives that meet their specific needs.
Our outside general counsel team strives to alleviate the burdens of our clients’ legal needs so that they can focus on running and growing their businesses. Our attorneys can perform many of the following services:
Corporate and Transactional:
- Entity formation, creation of articles of incorporation and bylaws, and business registration.
- Commercial contracts and licensing agreements.
- Operating and partnership agreements.
- Real estate purchases and commercial leasing.
- Due diligence for corporate acquisitions.
Risk Management, Dispute Resolution and Litigation:
- Identification and analysis of litigation risks.
- Management of litigation docket and outside litigation counsel.
- Counseling officers and directors on fiduciary duties and exposure to claims.
- Management of exposure to potential legal and public relations issues.
- Board and shareholder resolutions, meetings and minutes.
- Developing, managing and protecting intellectual property portfolios.
- Advising on exposure to intellectual property claims.
- Executive compensation, terms of employment, confidentiality, non-compete and non-solicitation protections.
- Human resources policies, employee codes of conduct, compliance training.
- Hiring, retention, compensation and termination of employees.